Although students studying sports science and physiotherapy are preferred, we recognise that excellence can come from many backgrounds. Each applicant will be assessed on their merits.
You must be able to commit to the following:
- A two day (Fri/Sat, 9am-5pm) intensive at the commencement of the semester (Feb/July)
- Fortnightly Monday workshops (1-4pm)
- A minimum of one 4-hour shift every week (Mon/Tue/Wed/Thurs 4-8pm, Sat 9am-1pm or 10am-2pm)
Please supply your application IN A SINGLE PDF with your name as the file name and title. Applications and enquiries via social media or the enquiry section of this website will not be considered.
It should include:
- A short cover letter introducing yourself
- A sharp, honest resume including two or more referees who can be contacted
Please note applicants unable to fulfil the above criteria will NOT be granted an interview.
Successful applicants will need to supply proof of the following before commencing the program:
Insurance cover. This can be Personal Trainer, Exercise Scientist or University based cover.
- Applicants with a completed degree in exercise science (or equivalent) can register with Fitness Australia (Personal Trainers) and ESSA (Exercise Scientists). Once registered you can purchase insurance from Guild Insurance.
- Those without a completed degree can purchase insurance from Guild as a student member of ESSA.
- University insurance (typically given when completing a practical unit of study) is also acceptable.
- Victorian working with children check.
Given the physical nature of the placement, interns should have a base level of strength and fitness. This video explains why: