Podcast (38 Minutes) - With the first combine in the rearview mirror, we spent today's episode taking a look into the stats and results of over 200 athletes to share with you the key factors that separate our best performers (top 10), the next best performers (11-20) and the rest of the population. With some obvious and not so obvious findings.
In this wide-ranging conversation we cover:
- The difference between correlation and causation (and the Nicholas Cage effect)
- How to improve your hand span to help you control the ball
- The impact of strength on both vertical leap and agility
- The difference between relative and absolute strength and which is more important
- The key physical quality to focus on for team sport athletes
- The complementary nature of strength and technique improvements in speed in junior athletes.